Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

University vs Community College - Does it really matter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• University vs Community College - Does it really matter?

I read an article the other day that stated many university students go on to never find a job in their field or if they do, it takes many years. University School is also very expensive, often takes a long time to complete, and leaves loads of debt long after the student is done. Knowing all this... For most career paths, wouldn't it make more sense to go to a community college or a trade school? You learn what you need much faster, much cheaper, and are ready to work in the field of your choice faster than others who spend years and years at a university.

I think it does but this is only dependent on your career path. If you want to just be a low-grade teacher, going to a high-end school is not worth it but if you want to be a lawyer, it is worth it. See what I am getting at?

Comment

Originally posted by Diam0ndxx View Post
      I think it does but this is only dependent on your career path. If you want to just be a low-grade teacher, going to a high-end school is not worth it but if you want to be a lawyer, it is worth it. See what I am getting at?
      I can see your point with this. I would have worded it according to pay though. Lower paying jobs require less education so you can easily learn these skills locally and at community or trade schools.

Comment

If you come from a middle class family community college would suffic but Universities are usually really expensive to get in isnt it?

Comment

I feel like bigger campuses and "higher education" is kind of a trap these days. Yeah, most people will need some form of higher education to earn higher pay but many end up so much in debt that they don't even live like they make better money because they have 40 or more grand hanging over their heads.

Comment

Originally posted by FixShawn View Post

I can see your point with this. I would have worded it according to pay though. Lower paying jobs require less education so you can easily learn these skills locally and at community or trade schools.
            Fair point. People seem to think they need to go to the best college there is to make the most money possible. Plenty of millionaires never even went to college.

Comment

Any university is fine, anyway, it's the way we utilize our skills and use our passion to every opportunity ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by margaux View Post
                Any university is fine, anyway, it's the way we utilize our skills and use our passion to every opportunity ahead.
                💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯

Comment

I am likely going to go to a community college because it is cheaper and there will be more people my age. I am pushing my late 20's here so the thought of going to a university is a bit odd to me.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X