Family Scapegoat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Scapegoat

Every family has a scapegoat. Some families have a few of them. These are the people who generally take the front of the blame and anger for the choices of the siblings and parents. I am considered this in my family and it used to bother me but I have learned to accept it. My brother will always be my mother's favorite.

Are you the scapegoat in your family? How do you tolerate it?

This is some kind of child abuse. No child deserve such treatment. Being in such family is unhealthy so I'm glad that my family is not like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      This is some kind of child abuse. No child deserve such treatment. Being in such family is unhealthy so I'm glad that my family is not like it.
      Sad truth is, most families have one. I can see them in all generations in my family. I was always the favorite in my imitate family so my older sister got the brunt of it. She grew to hate me for it and we haven't spoken in 7 years. It was nothing I said or did but how our mother treated us. I told her I was aware about her being treated unfairly but she still would rather blame me than our mother.

Comment

I don't know why this happens but it does and it is sad indeed. I was an only child most my life until my mother remarried and I got some half-siblings. This didn't happen with me but I am noticing a guilt trip with my mother as I get older. She is putting a lot of pressure on me to take care of her when the time comes and I think it is unfair.

Comment

Not necessarily the scapegoat but definitely the one who got the brunt of the parenting as they figured it out.

Comment

I would say I am this but I grew up with a passive father, an angry brother, and an overbearing mother. I think the reason I am able to see this makes me the scapegoat seeing as I often get singled out by them and other family members.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X