Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas is Pagan so why is the truth ignored?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas is Pagan so why is the truth ignored?

I always wondered this. I know a lot about different religious beliefs and lifestyles and I know for a fact that almost all Christmas traditions are actually Pagan in origin. It is also stated that it is believed that Jesus Christ was born late summer. Sometime between the end of August and September 11th. I just don't get it. People get mad when you bring it up and the people who hate Christianity tend to hate Christmas because they think it has something to do with the bible.

My guess is that people have been doing it so long it became a "normal habit" so if you speak out against it in any way, they get upset. Like you aren't allowed to dislike the holiday season or people call you a Grinch. I think it is all a joke and a scam but like many other people, I am suckered into it by family.

Comment

Whether pagan or not, Christmas reminds us of love and the way we celebrate it will remain in our tradition.

Comment

It is an attack on family-oriented tradition. I know where it comes from but it isn't how it is celebrated today. You can own a cat and have it as a pet, that doesn't mean you are like the Ancient Egyptians who worshipped them like gods.

Comment

Originally posted by tinycat View Post
          It is an attack on family-oriented tradition. I know where it comes from but it isn't how it is celebrated today. You can own a cat and have it as a pet, that doesn't mean you are like the Ancient Egyptians who worshipped them like gods.
          Exactly. I know the brief history of all holidays and regardless of why they were celebrated then and by whom, it isn't what it is today. Everyone celebrates Christmas.

Comment

The church has adopted some pagan tradition and merged with own tradition to find less resistance to accept christianity. Christmas trees and other stuff are pagan, but Jesus birth is in the Bible, but in a non specific date, likely August-Septemeber by stars position. I read church choosed December 25 to combat Saturn/Cronos festivities.

Comment

I think it is important for people to know that the "traditions" do come from a pagan background but the holiday is meant to be a good thing. It is meant to be about family. Husbands and wives, brothers and sisters, grandparents and children all coming together to celebrate family.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X