Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should religion that actively practices violence be outlawed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should religion that actively practices violence be outlawed?

Not all religion comes from a bad place. I would estimate that 80% of it is passive and not looking to cause harm to others, but for that other 20%, it can be a problem.

I read about Christians and Jewish people being killed overseas, certain areas killing men and women for being gay, instances of children and women being thrown out of town do to shame... Where does this end? It is 2019 and I don't think this is acceptable behavior for us anymore.

I agree that these religions should be banned worldwide. Unfortunately, they are protected by their countries' so-called sovereignty so it would be hard for other the rest of world's government to have them outlawed.

Comment

It's a hard endeavor but I'm also hoping that it will be done in the future.

Comment

I have no issue with religion. I feel it has done more good than bad. With that being said, I feel strongly against any religion that will single out people and cause harm to them over disagreements and differences. Religious freedom ends where violence begins.

Comment

It's a tough one because I believe so strongly in the first amendment.
          At times, it does seem like the only solution is to ban the practice of certain religions, but then you hurt those who aren't radicalized. It's a tough question and not one I can decisively answer right now.

Comment

I think stupidity and ignorance should be outlawed.

Comment

I don't. Religions are useful social structures. They're tools in the right hands. If they're outlawed, people would simply latch onto another form of belief and fight over those.

Comment

You are extremely in error on your opinion. It is not religion that is responsible for any war. Who fights the wars? That's who is responsible for the wars. Men!!!!! Maybe we should outlaw men.

Comment

I do not think religion should be outlawed. Aren't there things you are fanatic about... possibly your music, a hobby, sports?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X