Can Terrorism Be Stopped?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Terrorism Be Stopped?

Title says it all. Do you think terrorism can be stopped? The latest London bridge attack has raised some serious questions in the UK recently. He was convicted of a terrorism offence, supposedly went through rehabilitation, yet still committed murder in the name of his God upon his release.

I think that anyone proven to want to harm innocent people in the name of religion should be locked up in a secure hospital for life.

Opinions?

I agree, a large part of terrorism is fundamentalism. If you're a fundamentalist about anything, even not religion, you wont change your opinions no matter how many classes and group meetings you attend.

Comment

What happened in London was an act of Islamic pushback. There was no reason for it other than the man wanting to cause harm to someone who was not part of his faith. It is sick and people like this need to be in prison or sent packing if they recently immigrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Rivet09 View Post
        What happened in London was an act of Islamic pushback. There was no reason for it other than the man wanting to cause harm to someone who was not part of his faith. It is sick and people like this need to be in prison or sent packing if they recently immigrated.
        Well said. The scary thing is that MI5 and our security forces have said that these "lone wolf" attacks are impossible to predict and stop. The only evidence is in these extremists minds.

Comment

No, I don't think it can be stopped completely. It's an unattainable goal that we shouldn't even aim for.
          We can reduce it as much as possible, however. With strong border security, competent airport security, intelligence, allied assistance, and so on, it can be drastically reduced.

Comment

Terrorism is a tactic. It has been used for thousands of years. The answer is no.

Comment

Completely ? - noBut they can stop large scale terrorist attacks and put a serious hamper on their support and funding.

Comment

Probably not, but neither can counter terrorism

Comment

No. But if we took out the infrastructure of any country who sponsored terrorism against the US, or any country who would stand at our side. I'd bet there would be a damn lot less of it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X