Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the death penalty still be in action today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the death penalty still be in action today?

I have mixed feelings about this. I feel no human has the right to dictate whether or not a person should be put to death. Human life should be valued no matter what and it seems more punishable to lock a person up for life than to just give them a way out.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by Rivet09 View Post
    I have mixed feelings about this. I feel no human has the right to dictate whether or not a person should be put to death. Human life should be valued no matter what and it seems more punishable to lock a person up for life than to just give them a way out.

Thoughts?
    Nope. Ending a life is nobody's prerogative. It's not humane, and there is a risk of innocent people being put to death for the crimes of others. It's happened in the past and it can happen again.

Comment

The death penalty places value on human life, it doesn't take from it.

If you murder someone and you in return do not lose your life, innocent human life is less valued than that of a criminal.

Comment

I think death penalty should be retained, but used under restraint and delay. Removing death penalty altogether is removing a sense of causality for the utmost despicable criminals. Think that the worst punishment is to get fed and put a roof over one's head till the end of one's life, how casual the effect will be?!

One option is A suspended death sentence. At the end of the suspended period, the victim or the state can decide whether to commune the sentence to life imprisonment based on his behavior. During suspension prisoners may repent and change. Also, During suspension prisoner can gather more evidence if innocent, advancement in forensics may uncover some truths, any new facts that get revealed may change conviction.

Comment

I am definitely a supporter of the death penalty.
          The only way to serve justice to a killer is to kill them, any other punishment just isn't severe enough for the crime.
          However, there should be at least 5 years before executing them in case of new evidence or any other finding.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X