Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australia Wild Fires

With what has been happening in Austalia, I can't help but feel bad for all of those animals. Fortunately, the land is designed to rebirth itself after fires and plant life and some animals require this to happen. It still should not have been this bad though.

What gets me is that a group of climate change activists are the ones that started the fires and thanks to there being an issue with our climate, the fires got out of control. It makes me sick!

That is what people are saying anyway. No way of knowing the motives behind the fires but we do know over 20 arrests were made with another 180+ that are being considered.

Comment

I don't know what to believe anymore. Some are saying this is fake news, others are saying it is a cover up. Everyone seems to be lying these days.

Comment

I hope this kind of problem will not happen again. It damaged a huge part of our ecosystem and killed millions of animals. After the Amazon fire, we really couldn't deny that aside from climate change, the humanity is facing problems with greed and other social issues.

Comment

I keep hearing both sides all the time. It's either a climate disaster and nothing more or a bunch of activists started most, if not all of the fires. We do know that people have been arrested and charged for starting bushfires, so that kinda sways it one way.
          What's most important is putting them out and trying to prevent it from happening again.

Comment

Originally posted by DiamondSky View Post
            I keep hearing both sides all the time. It's either a climate disaster and nothing more or a bunch of activists started most, if not all of the fires. We do know that people have been arrested and charged for starting bushfires, so that kinda sways it one way.
            What's most important is putting them out and trying to prevent it from happening again.
            True. I think people need to understand that humans are capable of horrible things even when they are trying to "do good".

Comment

I read the statistics of animals lost thanks to the fires. It is a shame so much life had to be lost but at least we have people out there saving many and thousands of animal sanctuaries all over the globe to ensure animals don't get wiped out completely.

Comment

What is most upsetting is that hardly anyone is talking about it now. It amazes me how quickly people move on from stuff like this. So much life was lost...

Comment

Originally posted by CCarter View Post
                  What is most upsetting is that hardly anyone is talking about it now. It amazes me how quickly people move on from stuff like this. So much life was lost...
                  I just came in here to say exactly that.
                  We had a short time of nothing but fire and climate disaster and now there's not a peep about it. I wonder why, perhaps people were tuning out and the story wasn't a money maker anymore.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X