How to handle illegal immigrants?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to handle illegal immigrants?

I am one of those people who believe that they should be deported on grounds of breaking a major federal law. The issue with this though is that there are so many. I think the best approach for the US would be to build the wall to stop them from coming into the country. After that, start issuing green cards (not citizenship) to those who are illegally in the country. Visa screening and background checks will be done and filed as well. Any known criminals will be deported (outside of being in the country illegally). They will never be granted citizenship for breaking the law but they will be able to live and work here. Those who do not agree to terms like this will be deported.

How would you handle the situation?

I am not sure what I would do. I feel bad for these people trying to escape their horrible living conditions who go to the extent to break another country's laws to seek sanctuary but at the same time, it isn't just a few thousand people here, there is like 20 million plus and counting who are here illegally and that causes issues for our own. I don't envy the people in charge of making the decision here but the problem is so bad now that no matter what you do, it is going to hurt America. Long term though, it is better to get it under control now and take a hit for 10 to 15 years than to have the country be overrun by people that can't even be tracked in the system. It just isn't safe for us or our children.

Comment

It would depend on their situation and their reason I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Krissy View Post
        I am not sure what I would do. I feel bad for these people trying to escape their horrible living conditions who go to the extent to break another country's laws to seek sanctuary but at the same time, it isn't just a few thousand people here, there is like 20 million plus and counting who are here illegally and that causes issues for our own. I don't envy the people in charge of making the decision here but the problem is so bad now that no matter what you do, it is going to hurt America. Long term though, it is better to get it under control now and take a hit for 10 to 15 years than to have the country be overrun by people that can't even be tracked in the system. It just isn't safe for us or our children.
        That is the thing. No matter what happens here, America is already going to suffer. It just got too out of hand. Some people seem to think we should just let everyone in who wants in. It isn't just a matter of safety but of cost and resources. People don't understand just how in debt this country is and how our supplies can start to be cut which would skyrocket the costs of food. These illegals come in and break more laws on average and allow companies to than break laws. It is a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by tinycat View Post

That is the thing. No matter what happens here, America is already going to suffer. It just got too out of hand. Some people seem to think we should just let everyone in who wants in. It isn't just a matter of safety but of cost and resources. People don't understand just how in debt this country is and how our supplies can start to be cut which would skyrocket the costs of food. These illegals come in and break more laws on average and allow companies to than break laws. It is a mess.
          I know plenty of companies who outsource workers too from other countries because it is cheaper. They can't even fully understand English. There is too much greed in this world.

Comment

They are here illegally. They broke the law. I get people having sympathy but imagine you have sympathy for a brother or sister who stole from your home. You invite them to stay with you and they proceed to take all your money and sell half your stuff. Who suffers there?

Comment

Our country cannot. Any practical solution is almost impossible. Congress is so badly knotted up with the selfish re-election needs of the individual Congressmen, and with fierce, partisan incivility, that it can resolve only routine and annually recurring matters. Not controversial, hot, matters like immigration.

Forget it. A solution requires discussion, negotiation and compromise in Congress. Unfortunately, each Congressman thinks almost exclusively for his electoral chances.

Comment

They wanted to leave their own country for good but they did not take the right ways. We should understand why they wanted to escape but they should also understand the law. Humanitarian and international NGO's should help in resolving this issue.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X