Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Minnesota be next to legalize marijuana?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Minnesota be next to legalize marijuana?

"ST. PAUL, Minn. -- With about a month to go before the start of the 91st Session of the Minnesota Legislature, a topic making headlines is the possibility of legalizing recreational marijuana in the state.

"I think legalization of marijuana will be one of the items on the agenda," said David Schultz, a political science professor at Hamline University.

While Schultz said he expects the topic to come up this legislative session, he's not sure it will be a top priority.

"You have to pass the tax bill, which was not passed last year. You have tax conformity; you've got the budget this year; you've got a bonding bill. There's a lot of stuff on the agenda," Schultz said.

Recreational marijuana is legal in 10 states and in Washington, D.C. This week, Michigan will become the first state in the Midwest to legalize recreational marijuana.

Minnesota lawmakers legalized medical marijuana in 2014."

More : https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...a/89-620475367

I think it is only a matter of time before more states do. I can see surrounding states of Michigan legalize it. I both agree and disagree with it. It is something I can't support but I am not opposed to. Very iffy subject for me really.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    Working...
    X