Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What impact does Black Friday have on corporate businesses?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What impact does Black Friday have on corporate businesses?

I once read that Black Friday as well as other holiday shopping works as means to keep prices lower because corporations and companies are able to sell so much and make such a huge profit, it benefits the entire trade system of the world. In places like China where the money is tight, this time of year will actually help support them and bring in money that can change lives.

I can't remember the proper lingo for it but the massive influx in consumerism helps inflate the market and allows for more jobs as well as lower costs like you mentioned.

Funny enough, the "deals" we often see on Black Friday aren't really causing companies to take a loss. If anything, they end up coming out on top from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rivet09 View Post
      I can't remember the proper lingo for it but the massive influx in consumerism helps inflate the market and allows for more jobs as well as lower costs like you mentioned.

Funny enough, the "deals" we often see on Black Friday aren't really causing companies to take a loss. If anything, they end up coming out on top from them.
      Yes, although there are clear economic advantages to black Friday and the run up to Christmas, a lot of the stuff you buy thats on offer during black Friday will have been cheaper at some point during the last 12 months.

Comment

Originally posted by drivebelt9 View Post

... will have been cheaper at some point during the last 12 months.
        That's very interesting. Have you found a "report" or some kind of documentation asserting this? Or is this just your own observation?

Comment

I think it benefits everyone really. Companies make lots more money from things that aren't even on sale and consumers get some nice deals and maybe some stuff they didn't plan on getting. If companies are making good profit, people stay and employed and the economy stays strong. All good by me.

Comment

It's a win win for every one. Companies get to push a lot of inventory. People buy a lot of stuff they otherwise wouldn't have bought! And even f companies need to reduce their margins a little, Increased volume more than makes up for it.

Customers think they got a great deal and saved some money. They get a new shiny toy to play with!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X