X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving Strategies

What is your strategy for saving money?
    Mine is quite simple. 20% of my paycheck goes into my mother's savings account who is instructed to not let me have it unless I'm going to make a big investment such as buying a car or house, or there is some kind of emergency that I can prove exists.
    It has worked out great for the last 3 years, I forget I even have it sometimes!

I wouldn't be able to trust my mother enough to give her any of my money! LOL

My savings plan is not really a plan. I just see what I need each week and what I want, anything left over gets saved. Sometimes I have a lot leftover, other times, only maybe $50. But it all adds up!

Comment

I have a safe in which I keep money and I keep adding to it. It's not exactly a huge amount but if something devastating were to happen, I'd at least have that.
      It's better than keeping money in the bank, you never know what could happen and I don't want to trust anything electronic and internet connected with my livelihood.

Comment

Originally posted by Coleminer View Post
        What is your strategy for saving money?
        Well, I like to put away between 10 and 40% of my weekly paycheck away. Sometimes I can do 40% other times I can only do 10% but I aim to put away a minimum of $500 a month. Thus far, it has been working for me. I have just over 9 grand saved and I have only been doing this for a year and a half or so.

Comment

I'm still quite young and don't have a saving strategy yet, but I like your idea, Coleminer. My parents are financially secure so I could trust them to keep it for me.
          Also, I keep hearing about investing in gold or other metals. Since gold always holds its value you can never lose. Apparently.

Comment

Stop buying useless things!

About to buy McDonalds? Don't, put the money in savings.
            About to buy a $700 phone? Don't, get one for much cheaper.

There are so many things we overspend on, it's crazy how much you'd save over the years if you tried.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X