Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point in the US are your required to pay taxes?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At what point in the US are your required to pay taxes?

I feel like there has to be some kind of margin where if you earn below a certain amount, you are not forced to pay taxes. I understand taxing people who are body-abled, working, and earning fair, decent, or good pay but what about those living well beneath the poverty line?

The government still taxes regardless of how poor a person is in America.

Comment

According to law, you need to earn over $13,000 to be taxed. If you are married, you need to earn over $21,000 I believe before you can be taxed so long as you are claimed by your spouse as a dependent. I know this because my cousin is a lawyer. Know your rights people!!

Comment

Originally posted by spacedragon View Post
        According to law, you need to earn over $13,000 to be taxed. If you are married, you need to earn over $21,000 I believe before you can be taxed so long as you are claimed by your spouse as a dependent. I know this because my cousin is a lawyer. Know your rights people!!
        I heard of something like this but didn't know if it was true or not because most people I mentioned this to say you need to pay on anything you earn. It never seemed right to me.

Comment

I don't know the laws around this but I know there are loopholes with taxes. I would love to know more about it but I don't have the time to actually invest in learning about it. I have someone do my taxes for me each year.

Comment

Originally posted by PistolPython View Post

I heard of something like this but didn't know if it was true or not because most people I mentioned this to say you need to pay on anything you earn. It never seemed right to me.
            Do a bit of reading online. A lot of financial lawyers have this knowledge but very few of them will actually tell you for free.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X