Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have a savings account set up for your child/children?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have a savings account set up for your child/children?

If you have kids, do you have a savings account set up for them yet or are you planning on it?

If you don't have kids, is this something you will do in the future?

I ask because I had a friend growing up who's parents did this for her. By the time she was 18, they had saved up nearly 15 grand for her which was enough to get a car or put towards education. Not many parents seem to do this though.

I don't have kids but I plan to do open an account when I do.
    From the time my first child is born, I want to put in $2 a day until they are 18. That's almost $14,000 which is not insignificant. It can be used to get into college, buy a car, start a business, who knows!

Comment

Originally posted by Z3sT View Post
      I don't have kids but I plan to do open an account when I do.
      From the time my first child is born, I want to put in $2 a day until they are 18. That's almost $14,000 which is not insignificant. It can be used to get into college, buy a car, start a business, who knows!
      That's such a good idea! You could easily spare $2 a day, most people spend more on coffee fast food every day.
      You could also put any birthday money into an account as well. They would have plenty of money when they turn 18, but I wouldn't hand it out unless they had a plan.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X