Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have a retirement savings?

This is something I plan on setting up when I hit 40. I am going to do some heavy saving from 40 to 55 and hopefully be able to retire at 55. I would love to be one of those people who retire by 40 but that just isn't possible now at my age unless I somehow managed to make a business and it blew up. Do you have a retriment savings going?

Not retirement but I do have some savings that Im hoping to use towards retirement.

Comment

At the moment most of my money is spent and invested almost immediately.

Comment

I don't have one yet but I am planning on doing something similar to you. I want to start putting aside money when I hit 35. I am 27 now so I want to work out things like getting a car and buying a house by 35, then I will start putting money away. I do have a savings but it will be going towards my first house.

Comment

I haven't even thought about this. I mean I know they say my generation won't be able to get a retirement pension by the time I am able to retire so I intend on making a living online. I want to get some websites earning a good amount of money each month so I can still bring in money with minimal work. I intend on volunteering my time as well.

Comment

I have a savings but I don't consider it a retirement one. I'd like to think I will be doing some form of work most my life. I like the feeling of earning money and putting in a day's work.

Comment

I don't have a savings let alone a retirement plan. I thought by the age of 30 I would own a home and have at least 1 child, be married, etc. but I am not. Thanks to being a college dropout and having huge debts, I am one of those typical "adult child" living with parents. I was in a relationship that ended and I had nothing to fall back on. Ah well.

Comment

I do not, but I think I should be thinking about one. My grandparents started in their mid-20s and it's probably more essential to do that in this day and age. I just have no idea where to start, definitely something to look more into.

Comment

It is hard to even think of something like this when most people are hitting their 30's with huge amounts of debt. Some people don't even pay off their college debts till they are closer to 40!

Comment

My sister makes cosmetics, various soaps and Butters, in addition to her job and saves it up. She's going to invest it but not sure about the option she ought to choose.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X