Do non-living "things" have energy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do non-living "things" have energy?

I know this is a bit weird to ask but everything we see in the physical world is made up of atoms yea?

So if atoms are essentially energy and "matter", wouldn't that mean not-living things have some form of life?

I believe equipment the use electricity has energy from electricity. Non living things can consume energy but energy is not innate to them.

Comment

I think so but I am not sure if it is "life" you can actually interact with. Like if constantly called my computer a piece of crap, I don't think it would suddenly decide to break on me or malfunction.

Comment

I once had a very beat up car. Many call these cars lemons since they seem to always have problems and eventually just stop working. I used to curse at it, bang the wheel out of frustration, and everything. I would always ALWAYS have issues with it. My younger brother was learning to drive when I finally leased my own car so I told him he could just have it. It wouldn't last much longer anyway. He ended up having it run with little to no issues for THREE YEARS. I think it had to do with me cursing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Z3sT View Post
          I once had a very beat up car. Many call these cars lemons since they seem to always have problems and eventually just stop working. I used to curse at it, bang the wheel out of frustration, and everything. I would always ALWAYS have issues with it. My younger brother was learning to drive when I finally leased my own car so I told him he could just have it. It wouldn't last much longer anyway. He ended up having it run with little to no issues for THREE YEARS. I think it had to do with me cursing it.
          My first car was not a great one and anytime it broke down, I would get so mad. I had the same thing happen to me though. I just gave it away and the next person who had it, they had virtually no problems!

Comment

Originally posted by Krissy View Post

My first car was not a great one and anytime it broke down, I would get so mad. I had the same thing happen to me though. I just gave it away and the next person who had it, they had virtually no problems!
            What is funny is I hear this alot about cars and computers. Funny that. I know when you down talk to a plant, it won't be as healthy but there is life there. I wonder if I talked badly to a TV and praised another, if the one would break sooner.

Comment

I was taught at a young age to respect nature, animals, and other people but no one ever told me about objects. It is pretty interesting to think about. Like an electronic device having "life" but it makes sense. I mean we have electricity in our bodies.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X