Life is 10% what happens and 90% of how you handle it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life is 10% what happens and 90% of how you handle it

Have you ever heard the saying "Life is 10% what happens and 90% of how you handle it"? I think most people have by now.

How true do you think it rings?

I spend a lot of time in my own head and I noticed bad things happen to everyone, including myself but the way the situations are handled greatly alter the true reality of what is going on. If for example I wake up with a migraine and think bad things about it like it is brain cancer or something... Then my quality of life, even without cancer being present is greatly diminished. Worrying does nothing for the mind and harms the body in the long run.

I think this tends to be the case for most people. A lot of bad things happen to everyone. If you take a bad thing and drag it on you, you just make things worse over time. Stress is one of the leading causes of disease in this world believe it or not. Add a bad diet, lack of exercise, and bad habits on top of that and you are just knocking on the door of a life spent hard.

Comment

The number depends on the circumstances. You can't exactly expect the worst things to happen to you but if they do, your mindset can only improve life so much.

Comment

I think a lot of people these days have such a bad outlook on life, they take something like a pond into an ocean so to speak. I agree that quality of life heavily depends on one's mindset.

Comment

Definitely the case. My mentality is what puts me into many bad positions.

Comment

We should not waste our time thinking how painful our past was, it's no longer there, the road to healing is always free for us to take, so we better choose the right path.

Comment

How you react to situations really makes a lot of difference in your life. No way to deny this. But, It makes difference in aftermath of whatever happens to you. You have a very little control over what happens to you. So many times you may just be the collateral damage of others doing. Many time your just are unlucky or victim of happenstance. Things happen to you due to social, political, natural events. You lose out sometimes to competition who is better than you. ETC ETC

This notion that you can always control what happens in your life is fallacy. A fraud of so called LIfe Coaches, spiritual gurus, Socio-Political Leaders.

Sometimes shit just happens, Sometimes you are just inadequate. We need to learn to accept this.

Again this is not to undermine importance of attitude. Better attitude helps you cope with situations in much better way, We may even avoid many situation with better attitude. But, also understand, we can't handle everything. There are going to be bad days.

Comment

You can't control everything in life but you can control how it makes you feel. If I drop my drink on my way to work in the morning, I can choose to get angry over it or I can't just brush it off like a kid would and just say "whoops! I'll just get another one at lunch".

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X