Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Definition of consciousness?

Consciousness as a phenomenon, as far as I am aware, haven't been properly defined by the scientific community ( in the sense that there is a larger consensus across the board ) .

Has there been any development on this front at all? Have you heard news on this topic lately?

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is...usness-2795922

Consciousness is what makes our experience possible, and yet it remains, to some degree, a mystery.

Interesting topic, I used to think that consciousness is simply the sense of being awake but it could be more than that. This is sort of mind boggling for me.

Comment

By definition, it just means you are awake and your body is functioning. That is all.

In terms of what you are speaking about, I think it deals more with the possibility of separate realms both physical and non-physical.

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyRabbit View Post
        By definition, it just means you are awake and your body is functioning. That is all.

In terms of what you are speaking about, I think it deals more with the possibility of separate realms both physical and non-physical.
        This sums it up for me as well. That is why when you say you are "unconscious" you are passed out, i.e. not awake.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X