How to overcome self-doubt?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to overcome self-doubt?

A lot of people in today's world struggle with self-doubt. There is an ever-growing problem with depression and anxiety as well.

It seems we have set bars too high for ourselves and we just don't see the point of even trying to reach them anymore.

How does one overcome self-doubt?

I think a lot of self doubt comes from comparing ourselves with others. when i stopped comparing my own achievements to everybody elses, they seemed greater and as a result my self doubt diminished and my confidence grew.

Comment

Originally posted by drivebelt9 View Post
      I think a lot of self doubt comes from comparing ourselves with others. when i stopped comparing my own achievements to everybody elses, they seemed greater and as a result my self doubt diminished and my confidence grew.
      I agree with this completely. I find myself doing this a lot and what ends up happening is that I am just unhappy. I always find myself wanting more and I just can't be happy in the moment.

Comment

Identifying the voice of the ego is key, I believe. It's the voice in the back of our heads that keep telling us "we are no good" or "lack value", and this voice is seemingly what we might call semi-autonomous. The ego is a big subject of course, but beginning to observe one self and one's own thoughts is the first step.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X