Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struggling with family

Do you belong to a family where you have very little in common?

I am in that situation. Our taste in movies, music, etc. is completely different. I don't view politics the same way as them. I feel like anytime I go around to a family gathering for a holiday, I am the odd one out because no one really even makes an effort to talk with me anymore.

How can I fix this?

You don't have to change and you don't have to be the same like the rest of the family. I'm sure they'll love you just the way you all and embrace all the uniqueness in you. In a family, love is all that matter!

Comment

I'm glad I live with a loving family who are available for each other. We know and understand each other and my siblings are responsible people. We are thankful because our parents raised us this way.

Comment

I never truly connected with my family, especially not my mother. Everything is made to be difficult with her. She almost loves being frustrated and stressed. Instead of giving a simple answer, she dances around her words like a child and I become infuriated when talking to her anymore. I wish I knew a way to fix it but you can't change people, they have to want to change themselves.

Comment

Yes, I am like this with my family.
          I have absolutely nothing in common with my mother. She is not interested in my hobbies and I am not interested in hers, there is very little to talk about. It's not that we dislike each other, there's just no shared values or interests.

Comment

This is how a lot of families are. It is a sad reality but one we need to accept. It is better to have nothing in common with your family than have everyone hating each other.

Comment

I'm very different from my parents both politically and morally. We're all aware of this and it's not a problem for the most part, although I imagine when the 2020 election winner is announced someone will start an argument! We do debate things sensibly sometimes, though.

Comment

Nepal tour is one of the most incredible and amazing traveling experiences amongst the tourists. Nepal is really a beautiful country because of its natural attractiveness, mountainous beauty and natural heaven. This small country is fully covered by the highest mountains, peaceful lakes, beautiful waterfalls, pretty rivers, and high-towering hills. All these things have Made Nepal a beautiful tourist place. If you are planning for one week Nepal tour, we are the best traveling company in Nepal. We offer customized Nepal Tour Package that can perfectly match with your dreams and budget.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X