Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting an organic garden, where do I begin?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting an organic garden, where do I begin?

I have some old seeds that have been sitting around. My sister gave them to me. She got them back in 2012 I think and never ended up using them because she had to move into an apartment. I have some space at the house I am renting and have been given the okay to plant a garden of 4 by 10 feet. Where do I begin with this? I have no experience at all!

What are you planning on growing for starts?

I know there are some fruit and veg that are considered expert level in terms of tending to. I would recommend doing onions, cucumbers, tomatoes, and carrots to start. All of these are very forgiving and even if they don't grow well they still are plenty good enough to eat.

Comment

Take these basics from wiki : https://www.wikihow.com/Start-an-Organic-Garden

And do some research on YouTube. It helps to watch people planting their gardens. Just reading about it, you may overlook something.

Comment

Such an exciting endeavor! I suggest that you also consider planting some veggies and plan where you will get some organic fertilizer to make sure that your garden will be healthy,
        Good luck!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X